Experience Italy. Take Walks!
"Walks of Italy focuses on sustainable travel and gives specialized tours of Rome in small, intimate groups."
- Fodor's Rome 2013 Guidebook
- Rick Steves' Rome 2012, 2013, 2014
The brand new DK Eyewitness Rome 2014 guidebook praises our guided tours in English as "excellent."
AFAR Magazine raves about Walks of Italy! Acclaimed travel magazine AFAR says our Uffizi Gallery tour provides an "insider's understanding of a gallery that's been around since 1591." They also loved our Rome Pasta Making Class, saying you'll "acquire the skills of an Italian grandmother and make your own fresh pasta."
Welcome to Italy!
We’ve created all our experiences, from guided walks to our full-day trips, as if we were providing them for visiting friends. We’ve designed every single one to engage and inspire you. That’s why our group size is always a maximum of 12—and absolutely no larger. It’s why our guides get top marks for being enthusiastic, entertaining and expert. And it’s why our tours themselves aren’t just tours: They’re some of the most creative, exclusive and fun explorations of Italy!
We’re so passionate about Italy, in fact, that we want to share the best with you. We share our expertise with thousands—for free— through our blog, Facebook, Twitter and more. And we give back to Italy: From purchasing carbon offsets for transfers to supporting local causes like the rebuilding of the Cinque Terre, we’re 100% committed to sustainable travel and helping the country we love so much.
Rome, Florence and Venice: Our Top Tours and Walks
Why walk with us:
- Our walks are big on discovery—and small on size: Our group tour maximum is just 12 people per guide. Our average group size? Eight. That means you’re heard, not part of the herd.
- Our prices are all-inclusive. No hidden costs or “surprises” on the day of the tour. We promise.
- We see sights… differently. And you will, too. Discover the Colosseum, Sistine Chapel, or Doge’s Palace in ways you never thought possible. Like without the crowds. Or with a part of the sight that other tourists just don’t get to explore. Not to mention with a guide to bring it all to life.
We give back. Feel good about booking with us: Through donations, marketing and raising awareness, we support sustainable travel and good causes in Italy.
We prize passion. Travelers, including even Rick Steves, consistently say our guides are some of the most enthusiastic and engaging in the biz.
- We walk… away from the guidebook. Along with the must-see sights, we visit the off-the-beaten-path gems that will make your trip to Italy.
- English fluency? It’s a prerequisite. All of our guides are fluent English speakers. And we do only English tours. That means you’ll never be on a tour that’s given in, say, three languages—which cuts down on the learning and the fun.
- We travel like it’s 2014. We’re one of the most-connected and cutting-edge travel companies around. That’s why you can—and should!—find us on our blog, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, Pinterest and Google+.
- We’re not just a travel company. We’re a movement. Just check out the stats: In a little over a year we’ve gained more than 30,000 followers on Twitter, 26,000 likes on Facebook, 100,000 views on YouTube and over a million visitors to our blog. And stay tuned for Walks of New York coming soon!
So join the Walks movement. Get in touch—whether via phone or email, Skype or Facebook, a blog comment or even Twitter. Our travel experts are thrilled to help you make your experiences in Italy the ultimate in both fun and discovery!
From our Founder Jason Spiehler
Why did I found Walks of Italy?
Like everyone else here at Walks of Italy, I’m passionate about Italy. And I want to share the best this country has to offer—art, food, archaeology, you name it—with anyone who reaches out to us.
I began giving tours in Rome back in 2001. Before More Info....