Duration: 3.5 hours
Start Time: 9:00 am
- Explore the hidden sites most visitors to Rome don’t know about. We’ll take you on a whirlwind adventure through the Eternal City and further afield for a half-day tour you won’t forget.
- Stroll through two of Rome’s most fascinating neighborhoods, the Jewish Ghetto and Trastevere—complete with a stop for a sweet surprise.
- Gaze upon some of the most spectacular ancient wonders in Rome as you explore the Park of the Aqueducts and the exquisitely preserved Via Latina.
- We have a lot of ground to cover on this tour, so we’ve arranged for the most comfortable private transport available. Your group will be small (18 guests or fewer) for an intimate and relaxing experience.
Explore Rome off the beaten path and discover its hidden gems on a walking and driving tour.
Rome is a city brimming with attractions, yet some of its most unforgettable sites are tucked away from the usual tourist trail. Discover a different side to the Eternal City with ease on this meticulously planned tour of its lesser visited, yet equally captivating neighborhoods and monuments. Leave the hassle of navigating the city to us and get ready to uncover the countless surprises that await.
Your Rome tour starts in a fascinating corner of the city usually overlooked by visitors: the Jewish Ghetto. We'll explore the neighborhood on foot, seeing incredible landmarks like the Teatro di Marcello, a verifiable hidden gem of ancient architecture.
Next, we’ll make our way across Tiber Island to the medieval neighborhood of Trastevere. We’ll stop off at a traditional Italian bakery for a taste of delicious Roman cookies and admire a beautiful historic neighborhood church.
Hop aboard a private minibus and head further afield to areas not easily accessible on your own.
This tour covers a lot of ground, so after a brief exploration of Trastevere, you'll board a private, air-conditioned minibus. With a dedicated driver behind the wheel and accompanied by your knowledgeable guide, it’s time to explore some of Rome’s ancient wonders that lie on the outskirts of the city proper.
Our first stop on the Rome driving tour is the Park of the Aqueducts, where some of the original stone structures that brought water into the city have been beautifully preserved. Stroll among these ancient marvels of engineering that were once responsible for bringing 300 million gallons (over a billion liters) of water every day to the fountains and baths of the city.
From there, we'll drive to Via Latina, one of the best surviving examples of a Roman road. The impeccably planned network of roads in ancient Rome was instrumental in transporting people, goods, and supplies between the capital and the rest of Italy. Lined with tombs dating from the first and second centuries A.D., Via Latina in particular is especially fascinating. This slice of the ancient world is often overlooked by other visitors and organized tours—but you’ll be glad you had the chance to explore it.
Boarding the minibus once more, we’ll head back into the city and make a quick stop at Circus Maximus. Last but certainly not least, we’ll take you to our favorite panoramic viewpoint in Rome, perched high atop Aventine Hill. Gaze out across the river towards St. Peter’s Basilica and be sure to have your camera handy! After a few precious moments admiring the views, we’ll head back down closer to the city center and drop you off not far from the Jewish Quarter where we began.
Spend a perfectly planned morning exploring Rome in the company of local experts.
Perhaps the most satisfying part of this Rome driving tour is the peace and quiet you’ll find at so many of the sights. These attractions aren’t known to most travelers and are difficult to access by public transport—which is where we can help. On this exclusive exploration, you’ll enjoy a private vehicle with a group of just 18 people or fewer, a professional driver, and a tour guide who will bring Rome to life through stories and local legends. It’s an unrivaled look at the Eternal City that most visitors won’t get the chance to experience.
- Sites Visited
- Teatro di Marcello
- Portico di Ottavia
- Jewish Quarter
- Great Synagogue
- Tiber Island
- Historic Bakery
- Santa Maria in Cappella Church
- Circus Maximus
- Baths of Caracalla
- Archaeological Park of Via Latina
- Aqueduct Park
- Aventine Hill
- Orange Garden panoramic view
- Expertly guided walking tour
- Air-conditioned transport with driver
- Cookie tasting at local bakery
- Small group of 18 guests maximum
- Local English-speaking guide