Walks Tours Post COVID19 Health & Safety Guidelines
In line with the recent COVID19 outbreak, ensuring strict hygiene is paramount to the safety of ourselves and others. All Walks tours will now be operating with the SanSee shield - a certification given only to tour operators who meet their rigorous criteria, achieving the highest levels of safety and sanitation in the tourism industry.
The process of obtaining the SanSee Shield requires screening based on communication, training, personal protection, cleanliness and experience design - this involves redesigning the guest experience for a post COVID19 world, from choosing the right cleaning equipment to sourcing quality protective wear.
In coherence with SanSee Certification, all Walks tours will adhere to the following health and safety measures for the foreseeable future:
- All Walks tours have small groups ensuring you have the maximum comfort and safety throughout your experience.
- Walks Guides have received health & safety training, are self-monitoring temperatures daily, and trained in group social distancing practices.
- Government-recommended social distancing will be adhered to between guides and clients at all times.
- Guests will be offered hand sanitizer before and after all tours.
- Masks will be mandatory for all Walks guides on all Walks tours.
- Client wearing of masks will be based on local government guidance / requirements.
- Walks will keep in regular contact with and comply with maximum occupancy of venues, transportation or any other inside area used in the tours. All policies will be adhered to in accordance with the recommendations of the venue and local government policies.
- The guide / coordinator will highlight to the guests where and when during the tour they will be required to wear their masks.
- If transportation is used, guides and guests will be required to wear a mask while in the vehicle for the safety of all. Hand sanitizer will be offered upon entering and exiting the vehicle. Capacity will be limited in vehicles according to local regulations.
- Guides will not hand out props or visual aids.
- Group sizes will be reduced in accordance with government regulations.
- If a guest is visibly ill, sweating, coughing, etc. they will be asked to leave the tour for guide and customer safety.
If you have any further questions about your upcoming tour please contact us at [email protected]. Our team will aim to get back to you with a full response within 24 hours.