- Discover one of the world's finest collections of Renaissance art in its original home: a stunning 17th century mansion.
- Learn the details and background you need to fully appreciate works by Bernini, Raphael, Caravaggio, Canova and more on your Borghese Gallery tour with an art historian guide.
- No need to worry about booking Borghese Gallery tickets (which are notoriously difficult to get) on your own—yours are guaranteed with this tour.
Take time to explore a collection as manageable as it is beautiful on a tour of the Borghese Gallery.
This Borghese Gallery tour takes you inside one of the most spellbinding art museums in the world. Located in the 17th century home of Cardinal Scipione Borghese, it houses the art of the Cardinal himself, which was collected, commissioned, and even stolen during his lifetime. Since this is a private residence and not a sprawling palace, the Borghese Gallery is particularly manageable. During your 2.5 hour tour, you'll see all of the rooms and delve into the stories behind the artwork.
In the company of an art historian guide, you'll see paintings by masters such as Caravaggio, Titian, Canova, and Raphael. Your guide will help you to interpret these masterworks, so you won't just enjoy them—you'll be able to fully appreciate and understand them. You'll also see the incomparable collection of sculptures by Gian Lorenzo Bernini, including Apollo and Daphne, the Rape of Proserpine, and more. This is art as it was meant to be seen: in a beautiful intimate setting.
Revel in the unparalleled joy of a quiet gallery.
Borghese Gallery tickets are a limited commodity. Only a set number of people are allowed inside at any given time. As a result, the gallery is relatively peaceful, particularly in comparison with the Vatican Museums—but tickets often sell out far in advance. Luckily, you'll have pre-reserved tickets to guarantee that you won't be disappointed on the day of your Borghese Gallery tour.
Get the most from your visit with the perfect host and a small group.
Our Borghese gallery tour is not just about looking at art—it's about experiencing it. With a small group of only 15 people or fewer, you’ll have time and space to interact with your guide, discussing what you see on a more personal level. And, whether you're an art aficionado or not, we promise after this tour, you will love the Borghese Gallery—and probably Bernini, Caravaggio, Canova and Raphael, too.
- Bernini’s Apollo and Daphne
- Bernini’s Rape of Proserpine
- Bernini’s David
- Antonio Canova’s Pauline Bonaparte
- Caravaggio’s David and Goliath
- Caravaggio’s St. John The Baptist
- Raphael’s Raphael’s The Deposition
- Titian’s The Scourging of Christ
- And much more