Duration: 2.5 hours
Start Time: Varies
- Experience the Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel after hours, when the palaces are at their most peaceful.
- See world-famous masterpieces—from the Sistine Chapel to the Raphael Rooms—away from the crowds.
- Head straight into the Vatican with privileged entrance, allowing you to spend more time exploring and less time waiting.
Avoid the crowds on our Vatican night tour, with plenty of space to fully appreciate every masterpiece.
Few visitors are aware of the Vatican Museums’ extended opening hours throughout the summer months. On this special Vatican night tour, you’ll share its galleries and apartments with only those in the know. In echoing, elaborate halls and galleries, your expert Vatican guide will bring the church’s fascinating history to life—from St. Peter’s martyrdom to the modern Vatican City.
Explore the best of the Vatican collection, including the Sistine Chapel, in peace and quiet.
During your Vatican night tour, your guide will take you to see some of the finest ancient sculptures and Renaissance art in the world, including Raphael’s "School of Athens", the Hellenistic "Laocoön", and the beautiful "Belvedere Torso"—a stunning sculpture that influenced a young Michelangelo’s work. You'll be able to get up close to these world-famous pieces, a major perk of visiting the Vatican at night and with minimal crowds!
The pièce-de-resistance of your experience, of course, is the Sistine Chapel: the Pope's very own private chapel. In the evening light and with fewer tourist hordes, you’ll find it easier to pick out the details in Michelangelo’s famous frescoes. You’ll be well prepared to appreciate these works after spending time with your expert guide, listening to the stories and secrets hidden within the art.
Enjoy the company of a small group and privileged access for a hassle-free experience on your Vatican night tour.
Since your group will have a maximum of just 15 people, it'll be easy for you to interact with your guide and ask them any questions you have. A good thing too, since we’ve spent years building the perfect team of Vatican guides, choosing the best art historians, architecture buffs, and storytellers.
Experience the Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel outside of the stifling heat of the Roman summer on our limited edition Vatican night tour, offering you a rare view of the Papal Palaces after bedtime.
- Sites Visited
- Sistine Chapel
- Raphael Rooms
- Belvedere Courtyard with Apollo Belvedere & Laocoön & His Sons
- Pinecone Courtyard
- Gallery of the Candelabra
- Gallery of the Maps
- Gallery of the Tapestries
- Skip-the-line ticket for Vatican Museums (exclusive night entrance)
- Small group of 15 guests maximum
- Expertly guided walking tour
- Local English-speaking guide