Duration: 5 hours
Start Time: 7:30 am
- Experience the best of the Vatican in one morning: from St. Peter's Basilica (including the dome!) to the Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel.
- Skip the first 320 steps up to the top of St. Peter's Dome with special access to the elevator.
- Bypass the long lines at the Vatican Museums to spend more time exploring.
- Marvel at legendary masterpieces such as the Sistine Chapel, Raphael Rooms, Bernini's Baldachin, and the Pieta.
Get more from your Vatican tour with a great guide and special access to climb St. Peter's Dome.
Give the Vatican the attention it deserves on our in-depth Vatican tour with dome climb. As well as visiting some of the most beautiful and interesting works of art and architecture in Rome, this tour also focuses on the bigger picture: power and politics in Vatican City.
See the magnificent St. Peter's Dome firsthand as you begin your Vatican tour by climbing it.
Begin your exploration at St. Peter's Basilica, where your guide will dive into the masterpieces that are Michelangelo's Pieta and Bernini's Baldachin. Learn the stories of their creation and importance to the Vatican's language of communication. You'll also have special access to the St. Peter's Dome elevator, skipping the first 320 steps up to the terraces. Marvel at the dome mosaics on the roof level, and if you chose you can climb the last steps on foot to the awe-inspiring views of Rome from the top of the dome.
Enjoy skip-the-line access to the Vatican Museums.
In order to make the most of every moment, you'll have privileged entrance at the Vatican Museums. This means you'll skip the notoriously long general access line—which, during high season, often stretches for hours. We’ve also carefully chosen the finishing point of the tour so you can either spend more time inside the Sistine Chapel or continue to explore the Museums at your own pace.
Throughout your Vatican tour, your expert guide will bring the Vatican’s dramatic past to life. From the Raphael Rooms to the statue galleries and the unmissable Sistine Chapel, you'll see the best the Museums have to offer while hearing the stories and context behind the art.
Small groups of 20 or fewer keep your Vatican tour casual and engaging.
Smaller and more intimate than many similar tours on the market, you'll have fantastic access to your expert guide to ask them all your burning questions with ease. All of our guides are knowledgeable, passionate storytellers who are specially trained to give you a real sense of the drama and power that has played out in these very halls.
This small-group Vatican tour with dome climb ensures that you get the best from your Vatican visit, seeing beyond world-famous masterpieces to appreciate the bigger picture.
- Sites Visited
- St. Peter's Basilica
- Dome of St. Peter's Basilica
- Michelangelo's Pieta
- Bernini's Baldachin
- St. Peter's Square
- Sistine Chapel
- Raphael Rooms
- Belvedere Courtyard with Ancient Greek & Roman sculptures
- Gallery of the Candelabra
- Gallery of the Maps
- Gallery of the Tapestries
- Skip the line tickets to the Vatican Museums
- Skip the line tickets to St. Peter’s Basilica
- Special access to St. Peter's Dome
- Small group of 20 guests maximum
- Local English-speaking guide
- Expertly guided walking tour