City: Pompeii / Amalfi
Duration: 12 hours
Start Time: 7:15 am
- Discover the history of the ancient city of Pompeii and walk in the footsteps of the ancient Romans who inhabited it before the fateful volcanic eruption.
- Sit down to a hearty three-course lunch prepared with the best regional products, complete with a tasting of four wines from a Vesuvius vineyard led by a local sommelier.
- Take a photo from the best spot on the volcano and enjoy a digestif of Neapolitan coffee or homemade limoncello.
- Relax and enjoy a perfectly planned day trip from Rome, complete with round-trip transport by private van.
Take a day trip from Rome and explore Campania’s greatest treasures.
Join us for an unforgettable escape from the busy streets of Rome and head south for a perfectly curated exploration of history and wine on this Pompeii and Vesuvius tour. Led by a team of experts, you’ll hear stories from the ancient city of Pompeii and learn what makes the regional wines and other culinary products so incredible (and taste some for yourself) on a day-long excursion complete with private transport.
Explore Pompeii’s past and present with a passionate archaeologist guide.
Your experience begins bright and early in central Rome, where you’ll meet your tour leader and board a comfortable private van. The three-and-a-half-hour drive to Pompeii will fly by as your tour leader regales you with stories of the once-thriving city and lets you know what you can expect from the day ahead.
Once we’ve arrived at the Pompeii archaeological site, you’ll jump straight in to exploring its ancient streets, preserved for centuries under 20 feet of volcanic ash. Your expert guide will show you some of the key discoveries archaeologists have made during nearly three centuries of excavation work, including the remains of victims that were later turned into plaster “death casts,” a huge Roman stadium, and even a brothel (adults only!).
Sip fantastic Italian wines on the slopes of Mount Vesuvius.
After your Pompeii tour, it’s off to one of our favorite nearby vineyards. Located right on Mount Vesuvius itself, this location has been carefully selected on the recommendation of our team of several wine experts. It’s here where you’ll get a crash course in the region’s rich winemaking tradition, including the legend of the famous Lacryma Christi wine, which explains why grapes grow in the areas that they do. Enjoy a walk through the vines before sitting down to a three-course lunch including antipasti, spaghetti, and dessert, complete with a sommelier-led tasting of four organic wines.
To finish the day on an unforgettable note, we’ll take you further up Vesuvius to a panoramic viewpoint. In addition to enjoying a relaxing digestif of Neapolitan coffee or limoncello, this is the best place to get the ultimate selfie!
Sit back, relax, and enjoy a perfectly planned day on this Pompeii and Vesuvius tour from Rome.
This extensive Pompeii and Mount Vesuvius tour allows you to get a taste for life in the storied city before the infamous eruption, an experience that's complemented by a trip up the volcano to get a sense for the vast area affected (and take some once-in-a-lifetime photos!). You’ll enjoy plenty of local delicacies along the way, including organic wines made in-house as well as a gorgeous three-course lunch.
- Sites Visited
- Death casts of Pompeii
- Pompeiian brothels (if suitable)
- Amphitheater at Pompeii
- Family-run winery
- Mount Vesuvius terrace (600 mt high) with panoramic view
- Skip-the-line entrance tickets to Pompeii
- Visit to a vineyard led by a local wine expert
- 3-course winery lunch
- Tasting of 4 wines led by a sommelier
- Digestif of Neapolitan coffee or limoncello
- Round-trip private transport from Rome
- Small group of 18 guests maximum
- Local English-speaking guide and tour leader
- Expertly guided walking tour