City: Pompeii / Amalfi
Duration: 13 hours
Start Time: 8:30 am
- Get the most out of your full-day tour by taking a high speed train from Rome to Salerno. From there, you'll begin your exploration of the Amalfi Coast by sea.
- Cruise the crystal-blue waters of the Amalfi Coast on three separate ferry rides. From the water, you'll be able to fully drink in the stunning vistas that draw countless visitors to this corner of Italy.
- Enjoy free time in the picturesque town of Positano to shop, snack, stroll, or swim.
- Taste homemade limoncello and watch a demonstration of how it's made at a peaceful lemon grove with spectacular views.
- Relax and enjoy a perfect day on the Amalfi Coast. Your expert guide is on hand to answer any questions and to handle all logistics.
Spend the perfect day on the Amalfi Coast on a carefully curated tour from Rome.
Most Amalfi Coast tours from Rome stick to the roads, seeing the crystal-clear waters of the coastline from above but hardly glimpsing its cliffside towns at all. This tour is different: You’ll take in the breathtaking coast from both land and sea for the most complete experience possible! Touring the Amalfi Coast on the water, you’ll have perfect views of the coastline’s most famous asset: its colorful towns. Along the way, you'll step onto dry land for an authentic limoncello tasting in a pretty orchard with stunning views. You’ll also explore the idyllic streets of both Amalfi Town and Positano with plenty of opportunities to go sightseeing, do a bit of shopping, and maybe even splash in the sea if the mood takes you.
Carefully balancing the value and expertise of a guided tour with free time to explore and shop at your own pace, our full-day Amalfi Coast tour from Rome offers you the perfect day in paradise without the hassle of organizing your own trains, cars, and ferry rides.
Head from Rome to the Amalfi Coast by train with a guide by your side.
Your Amalfi Coast tour from Rome meets early in the morning at Termini train station. Meet your friendly English-speaking guide and set off on a comfortable 90-minute journey by high-speed train. After arriving in Salerno, you’ll board a small ferry and relax as you watch the stunning Amalfi coastline stretch out before you, giving you a panoramic snapshot of the sights to come.
Go boat-hopping and taste homemade limoncello for an authentic Amalfi experience.
Now it’s time for a little touring on foot. Climbing ashore at Amalfi town, you’ll slip away from the crowds as you follow your guide uphill to a beautiful cliffside lemon orchard. With the coast and sea spread out below you, you’ll enjoy a demonstration and tasting of one of the region's most beloved products: sweet, tangy limoncello. From there, you'll head back down to the streets of Amalfi with plenty of time to do a little strolling, shopping and snacking.
Putter around the picturesque town of Positano.
After more time spent cruising the water, the next port of call on your Amalfi Coast tour is Positano!*
Following an orientation walk with your guide, you’ll have approximately two and a half hours of free time to explore the charming fishing village, a popular haunt among Hollywood’s biggest and brightest. Sample fresh seafood at a beachfront restaurant, shop the stylish boutiques, or simply slip into the sea for a quick splash!
As the afternoon draws to a close, you’ll meet your guide and board the boat one last time for a scenic cruise back to Salerno. Hop on a train for your return to Rome—you'll be back in the Eternal City just in time for dinner!
Please note: In the rare event of rough seas where it is impossible to travel by ferry, we will provide a private bus to take you up and down the coast so you won't miss a thing!
*In the event we cannot dock in Positano due to ongoing construction, we will sail past for a scenic view for photos and then stop in another nearby town along the Amalfi Coast to explore on land.
- Sites Visited
- Amalfi Coast drive
- Amalfi town
- Limoncello farm
- Salerno (briefly)
- Round-trip transport from Rome to Amalfi Coast by high speed train
- Ferry rides between Amalfi Coast towns
- Limoncello tasting and demonstration
- Small group of 18 guests maximum
- Expertly guided walking tour
- Local English-speaking guide