Duration: 3.5 hours
Start Time: Times vary
- Enjoy an authentic meal in Florence just as the locals do, seeking out regional specialties at the small businesses that do them best—be it a local wine bar or a renowned restaurant.
- Based in the more local neighborhood of Oltrarno, this Florence evening food tour lifts the hood on a part of town most visitors never see.
- Taste your way around Tuscany from aperitif through dessert, including charcuterie and cheese, the famous Florentine steak, gelato, and plenty of wine along the way.
- Check an essential Florence experience off your bucket list: sipping a glass of wine from one of the famous wine windows!
Dine like a Florentine on this authentic food and wine experience.
Our Florence evening food tour provides a full introduction to Tuscan cuisine and wine with a local foodie as your guide. You’ll try wine, small plates, classic dishes, and of course gelato—all sprinkled with fascinating stories and a delightful city stroll.
From starters to gelato, enjoy a full Tuscan meal.
Your evening Florence food and wine tour starts in an easy-to-reach piazza in the Oltrarno neighborhood, a step or two off the well-trod tourist path. Just nearby is our first stop, where you’ll try pecorino toscano cheese, a selection of bruschette, and focaccia, all paired with a glass of Chianti Classico. Your guide will talk you through each bite, explaining how and why some of Italy’s key ingredients differ so much from one end of the boot to the other.
From there, we’ll take a stroll through picturesque Oltrarno, stopping at one of the famous Florentine wine windows for a glass of red or white.
Next up, it’s every Italian’s favorite time of day: aperitivo hour. Visit a local enoteca (wine bar) for a selection of regional charcuterie and another glass of wine.
After that, you’ll stop into one of our favorite trattorias in Florence for an authentic sit-down dinner starring the crown jewel of Tuscan cuisine: bistecca alla fiorentina, or Florentine steak!
Last but certainly not least, you’ll end your meal as the locals do: with a gelato, which was invented right here in Florence.
Dine with a local foodie and small group of 12 or fewer for an unforgettable evening out.
Throughout your Florence evening food tour, you’ll be accompanied by a foodie and storyteller as your guide. They’ll teach you about regional ingredients, seasonality, and why there’s no such thing as “Italian” food. Plus, with a small group, your experience will be relaxed and casual—like an evening out with friends you haven’t met yet.
- Sites Visited
- Oltrarno neighborhood
- Piazza Santo Spirito
- 5 tasting stops
- 8+ food tastings and 4 drinks at 5 small businesses in Oltrarno (enough food for a full meal)
- Small group of 12 guests maximum
- Expertly guided walking tour
- Local English-speaking guide