Duration: 3.5 hours
Start Time: 9:00 AM
- Skip the line and enter the Accademia first thing in the morning. Beat the crowds to Michelangelo’s "David," with ample space to appreciate this Renaissance masterpiece.
- Get special access to the cathedral and step onto the rooftop terraces, rarely visited by the public, on a Florence Duomo tour fit for VIPs.
- Climb the dome of Florence's cathedral with skip-the-line access for awe-inspiring views over the city.
- Spend time with a local guide who will bring Florence’s art and architecture to life, illuminating the minds of the masters who created some of the most significant works in the city.
The best experience possible at Florence's top attractions, David and the Duomo, in one unforgettable tour.
Florence is a true treasure trove of artistic and architectural marvels, but two attractions stand head and shoulders above the rest: the cathedral (or Duomo) and the Accademia Gallery, home to Michelangelo’s David. With so much demand, these sites can become crowded, particularly in the summer months.
We guarantee that you'll have the best experience possible on this, our most exclusive Florence tour. Combining careful timing, skip-the-line entry, and special access, we set you apart from the crowds. Along with an expert local guide, you’ll cross velvet ropes to get up close and personal with the two giants of Florence: David and the Duomo.
Beat the crowds with early entrance at the Accademia Gallery.
Your David and Duomo tour starts early with a reservation for the first entrance of the day at the Accademia Gallery. Arriving before the crowds, you’ll have a little more space to explore not just Michelangelo’s David, but also his unfinished Slaves statues and several other priceless works often overlooked by visitors. Traveling in a small group of just 18 people or fewer, and with headsets for every guest, your tour will be intimate and your guide easy to interact with.
After the Accademia, it’s through the Piazza del Duomo where you'll gaze upon the beautiful copper-plated doors of the Florence Baptistery. Soak up the atmosphere and familiarize yourself with the awe-inspiring sights surrounding the piazza before making your way to the ultimate highlight of this VIP experience.
Our Florence Duomo tour gets you to the front of the line—and the top of the dome—without the wait.
The final leg of your visit will be inside the Duomo itself, where special access will give you more space than the average visitor. The floor of the Duomo has recently been roped off, and while normal visitors circulate on paths around the perimeter of the cathedral, you’ll be ushered through the velvet ropes to wander the floor as you wish, getting closer to the details.
The cherry on top comes as you ascend to the Duomo’s rooftop terrace for incredible views and an up-close view of Brunelleschi’s enormous dome—the largest brick dome in the world. Due to the incredibly exclusive level of access to this hidden space (very few visitors even know the terrace exists!), you'll have it practically to yourself, with a maximum of just two small tour groups visiting at the same time. Your Florence Duomo tour officially ends here, but from this level of the building, you’ll also have access to a special door from which you can climb to the top of the dome (if you wish) without waiting in line for hours down below.
The views from the terrace are fantastic for examining the Duomo up close, but from the top of the dome, you’ll see not just Florence, but far beyond into Tuscany. Give yourself some time to soak up the red roofs and rolling hills; it will be a long time before you see another view quite like this.
When you depart, you will have gained a deeper understanding and appreciation of Florence's two most iconic attractions, and how each of them fits into the city's centuries of history.
- Sites Visited
- Accademia Gallery (Statue of David)
- Florence Duomo (Santa Maria del Fiore)
- Baptistery Doors (Gates of Paradise)
- Dome Terraces
- Dome Climb
- Special access to the Duomo including terraces
- Skip the line access to climb the dome
- Skip the line tickets to the Accademia Gallery
- Small group of 18 guests maximum
- Expertly guided walking tour
- Local English-speaking guide
- Headsets (when needed)