Duration: 3.5 hours
Start Time: 10:00 AM
- Enjoy nine food tastings and three drinks at eight beloved eateries in Bologna. Enough food for a full lunch.
- Watch fresh pasta be made before your eyes at a market stall whose young team is dedicated to keeping this centuries-old tradition alive.
- Learn why spaghetti bolognese isn't as authentic as you might think as you taste a delicious homemade alternative at a cozy trattoria.
- Snack on charcuterie and sip a glass of wine at Bologna's oldest tavern, with nearly 600 years of history under its belt.
Please note that this description is an example and stops or tastes may vary depending on the season, day of the week, and group size. Regardless of where your tour goes, you always have a delicious experience.
Discover why Bologna is home to some of Italy's most cherished cuisine on a carefully crafted food tour.
With a local guide leading you through Bologna, the bustling city will be your oyster. Discover incredible food stalls as you taste your way through the market, hear fascinating stories about Bologna's history, and find out what inspires local chefs. Navigating Bologna's maze-like streets and alleys with your guide by your side, you'll be experiencing the city a local in no time. By the time lunch rolls around, you'll have experienced some of the best places to eat in town on an unforgettable Bologna food tour.
Navigate a bustling market with a local expert and meet our friends behind the stalls.
Start your Bologna food tour Italian style by grabbing an espresso and a treat from the oldest pastry shop in town. Then head straight to Bologna's gastronomic highlight: its food market. Surrounded by locals doing their daily grocery shopping, you'll try some delicious local cheese while meeting the father-and-son duo behind the stall, witness fresh pasta being made right before your eyes (and taste it for yourself), sample the famous local mortadella, and bite into fresh local ingredients grown nearby.
Experience both the classic and the contemporary of Bologna's food scene.
Next, you'll head to one of Bologna's most storied bars for a journey back in time—over 550 years back, to be exact! At this historic locale—the oldest wine bar in the city—you'll sip a glass of local wine while snacking on some of the cured meats we picked up at the market.
No Bologna food tour would be complete without trying the city's most iconic pasta: tagliatelle bolognese. You'll taste it at a cozy trattoria that's helping bring traditional Emilian cuisine into the modern age.
Your food tour ends on a sweet note with a delicious regional dessert at a modern bistro in the university district. By the time you part ways from your guide and small group, you'll see that Bologna truly is Italy’s secret food capital.
Exploring Bologna is best done through its cuisine. Eating your way through this stunning city gives you an unparalleled insight into its history and culture—a connection that otherwise remains untold.
- Sites Visited
- 8 tasting stops
- Mercato delle Erbe
- Mercato di Mezzo - Il Quadrilatero
- 9+ food tastings and 3 drinks
- Small group of 12 guests maximum
- Local English-speaking guide
- Expertly guided walking tour