Duration: 5.5 hours
Start Time: 2:30 pm
- Taste five of Chianti's best DOCG wines paired with light food tastings.
- Get insider knowledge with an expertly guided walking tour of the region's picturesque towns.
- Learn about the iconic black rooster, the trademark of Chianti Classico bottles.
- Indulge in authentic Italian gelato amidst stunning scenery.
- Enjoy a more relaxing Chianti wine tour with round-trip private transport from Florence and a small group size of 19 guests maximum.
Taste for yourself why Chianti wine is world renowned on a half-day tour from Florence.
Escape the hustle and bustle of Florence and immerse yourself in the rolling hills of Chianti on this afternoon jaunt to wine country. You'll explore two of Chianti's best-loved wineries, where you'll be able to taste a total of five DOCG wines paired with light food tastings. With a knowledgeable expert to lead the way, you'll get a crash course in the cultural significance of winemaking in the region and learn how to better enjoy Italian wine on your own.
Step into some of Italy's most historic wine cellars and taste five exquisite Chianti wines.
Our Chianti wine tour begins in the early afternoon. We'll depart Florence via private transport and head straight to the historic town of Greve in Chianti. As you explore the town, you'll learn about its rich history and hear the stories of famous explorers and artists who once walked these very streets.
At our first winery of the day, you'll have the opportunity to enter its historic cellar accompanied by a wine educator. Afterwards, indulge in a delightful tasting of two of their top-quality wines, paired perfectly with schiacciata and cold cuts. Uncover the secrets of Chianti's master salumieri and discover why charcuterie plays an integral role in the region's culture.
The next stop on our Chianti wine tour is the town of Castellina in Chianti, where we'll kick things off with a guided stroll. And because no visit to Italy would be complete without gelato, you'll enjoy a cup or cone as you take in the stunning scenery that surrounds you.
Our final stop will take us to another beloved Chianti winery. As evening draws near, we'll stroll through the lush vineyards and step into the historic cellar. Before we depart for Florence, we'll savor one last tasting of three exquisite wines perfectly paired with bruschette, brochette, and pecorino. An unforgettable way to wrap up our wine-tasting journey.
Enjoy a relaxed and intimate experience with all the details taken care of.
To make your Chianti wine tour more personalized, we keep our group sizes small with a maximum of 19 guests. Round-trip private transport is also included so you can sit back, relax, and enjoy the stunning scenery around you.
- Sites Visited
- Chianti region
- Two wineries
- Two picturesque towns
- Five glasses of Chianti DOCG wine
- Light food accompaniment to pair with wines
- Round-trip private transport
- Small group of 19 guests maximum
- Local English-speaking guide
- Expertly guided walking tour