BOOK NOW >>
A visit to Venice wouldn’t be the same without stops at its two most famous landmarks: St. Mark’s Basilica and the Doge’s Palace. We take you beyond the traditional route, going behind the scenes of the Doge’s Palace to explore the secret archives, offices, torture chambers, and the palace attic, home to top-security prison cells, including that of the famed Casanova. This is the only tour in Venice that visits all of these sites with a small group of maximum 12 people!
- Secret Passages of the Doge’s Palace (including Casanova’s prison cell, torture chamber & secret archives)
- Doge's Palace (including Hall of the Great Council, courtrooms, the Doges’ apartments, and Sala della Scrutinio)
- Palace Armory (inside)
- Prisons (inside)
- Bridge of Sighs (inside)
- St. Mark's Basilica
- St. Mark's Square
- Bell tower (outside)
- Torre d'Orologio (outside)
- The Marciana Library (outside)
Why take this tour?
- Gain exclusive VIP Access to the secret passages of the Doge’s Palace, a hidden labyrinth of secret archives, offices, torture chambers and top-security prison cells
- The only tour in Venice that visits all these sites and explores the backstage of the Doge’s Palace with a small group (maximum 12!)
- Privileged entrance to Venice’s top landmarks: St. Mark’s Basilica and the Doge’s Palace
- Your expert guide reveals Venice’s dark secrets, fascinating stories, and entertaining anecdotes
- A complete and comprehensive tour, exploring both Venice’s religious and political seats in depth
Discover St. Mark’s Basilica and the Doge’s Palace in the most complete and rewarding way possible: with an expert guide, entertaining anecdotes… and by exploring what the majority of visitors to the Doge’s Palace never get to see. We’re talking, of course, about the secret passages, the palace’s hidden labyrinth of secret meeting halls, offices, torture chambers and top-security prison cells!
By exploring the Secret Passages, you get away from the crowds elsewhere in...
Read more, click here to view the full description >>
NOTE: The prisons and secret passages are not wheelchair-accessible, nor is the route suitable for those with walking disabilities or for pregnant women. Please contact us at [email protected] if you have walking disabilities or if you are in a wheelchair. We can then work out a suitable alternative.
All visitors to the secret passages must be over 6 years of age.
This tour runs rain or shine. St. Mark's Basilica can be subject to unforeseen closures due to high tides or particular liturgical celebrations. If the Basilica is closed, your guide will give you explanations from the outside.
Please remember that the Basilica is a holy place and attire must be appropriate for the visit. Both men and women are asked to wear clothing that covers at least the shoulders and knees. Walks of Italy cannot be held responsible for denied entry due to improper dress.
Backpacks are prohibited inside of St. Mark's Basilica.
If you are not able to book your desired Venice tour online, please contact us via phone (US:+1-202-684-6916 | IT:+39-334-974-4274) or email ([email protected]) as we may have additional availability. We will respond to you within 24 hours.
Price includes: VIP Access reservation fees and entrance tickets to the secret passages of the Doge’s Palace, tickets to the Doge’s Palace and skip-the-line reservations to St. Mark’s Basilica.
| Tour Start Time
Spring/Summer(4/1 - 9/30) :
View all times
Fall/Winter(10/1 - 3/31) :
View all times
Meets near the Doge's Palace. Ends in St. Mark's Square. Full details provided upon booking.
| Tour Schedule
View all Pricing
TICKET FEES INCLUDED!
|Group Tour Prices
Senior (65+) / Student (15-25): €94.00
Child (6-14): €74.00
Infant (5 & under): €0.00